Easter - 2018

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Intentional Focus on Listening


There will be times when listening to God will be inconvenient. 1 Samuel 3 reveals: "The LORD called Samuel a third time, and Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, ’Here I am; you called me.’ Then Eli realized that the LORD was calling the boy. So Eli told Samuel, ’Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, ‘Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.’’ So Samuel went and lay down in his place."

Sometimes we are so busy serving … we are distracted from hearing

God often calls us to things that
            1. don’t fit our schedule
            2. don’t fit our agenda
            3. don’t fit our ideas of what should be done

I don’t like to think about doing that… it’s "inconvenient." But, if I’m going to grow up to be like my Father in heaven - I better learn to be inconvenienced.

Proverb 2:1-5 – “My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you,
            turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding—
                        indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding,
And if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,
            then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God."

The art of listening is intentional focus on what is being said ... you know I love ya, Don

No comments: