Easter - 2018

Monday, February 23, 2015

Living in view of God's mercy pays off!


A few weeks ago, we hosted a High School Senior from Grace Academy at our house. Her senior project is about Down Syndrome and she requested an opportunity to watch a therapy session and then ask Karen and I a few questions. Her mom brought her to the house and it went very well. After it was over, her mom, who was in her mid forties, told us how she had been adopted out of Howard. She was a small girl of an alcoholic mother some thirty-forty years ago.  She said, “My brother and I would just wander the streets as very young children, because my birth mom was so messed up.  

But there was a woman in Howard, who had twin girls that were teenagers. The woman’s name was Carolyn and she would bring us to your church. She was a safe person and she would bring us to a safe place.” Then she said, “We are members of the Assembly of God church in State College, my husband is the president of the Pregnancy Resource Center ... and I am a Christian because of Carolyn.”  

 I wasn’t surprised, but I was amazed at how God works. This is more than thirty-five years later. A living act of worship by one of our own made an eternal impact in a person's life. I mentioned to Carolyn last week, and she laughed…and then she said, “we plant a seed.”

This existing in view of God’s mercy as a living sacrifice…it is our Spiritual Act of Worship. Thank you Carolyn and you know I love ya, Don

No comments: