Easter - 2018

Sunday, February 7, 2016

God is an active participant in life!


2 Corinthians 6:16 “For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”

Ezekiel 37:21 also records God declaring; “My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people.”

Did you notice the tense of these statements: Yes, they are conditional on our relationship with God. These verses are also about God is present tense.  Not future tense or as Bette Midler sings, “God is watching from a distance” – God is not watching, He is participating.

Our future is to never be deceived by self-righteousness. We will not be fooled by sin. As followers of Jesus, we have the Spirit of God living among us now.

Ships don’t sink because of the water around them. Ships sink because of the water that gets in them. Don’t let what is happening around you get inside you & weigh you down. Don’t let the world rob you of an active relationship with God and cause you to sink.

Is God active in your life? You know I love ya, Don

No comments: